Tuesday, September 9, 2014

VirtualBox Error - Kernel driver not installed


I have been VirtualBox in my macbook pro. But, I stopped using it in last 3-4 months. And when I tried to use it today again, it threw up the following errors:


Error in Virtual Box window:
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MyUbuntu.
Virtual machine 'MyUbuntu' has terminated unexpectedly during startup. 

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Machine
IMachine {<<<some big number here>>>}

Error in an additional popup window:
Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.


Instead of debugging how to fix this issue, I just updated the virtualbox with an available newer version (Virtual Box on top left --> Check for updates). 

After update the error went away. None of my existing VMs or config was impacted due to the upgrade.


Hope this helps.

No comments:

UA-48797665-1