Tuesday, October 17, 2017

How to manage VM groups in VirtualBox - Create/Rename/Delete Groups, Add/Delete VMs


In this post, I will provide steps to create and manage VM groups in VirtualBox. If I call for a VM creation in this post, please refer to my earlier blog: How to - Create a Ubuntu VM in Virtualbox

Why do we need a VM group?
I recently started creating a few network topologies & so grouping VMS belonging to one topology into one group made it easy for me to manage my topologies and VMs. Simply, grouping helps you organize your VMs better.

How to create a VM group?
  • Select the VMs to be grouped, right click & select "Group":
             

  • The above steps names the group as "New Group":
             

How to add a new VM to an existing VM group?
  • Drag and drop the VM into the new group.

How to delete a VM from an existing VM group?
  • Drag and drop the VM from the group to an empty place in the VM list menu

How to rename a VM group?
  • Right click on the group name & select "Rename Group":
             

How to ungroup a VM group?
  • Right click on the group name & select "Ungroup":
             


References:



No comments:

UA-48797665-1