Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"VirtualBox Guest Additions" Installation error - Unable to insert the virtual optical disk


To copy paste from Virtualbox guest to host & vice versa, I typically follow the steps listed in my earlier blog post - How to - copy/paste from VirtualBox guest to host & viceversa. Though it worked for me many times, I got the following error pop up recently when I clicked on the "Devices" in top bar menu and clicked on "Insert Guest Additions CD image...":
             

In this post, I will provide steps to install the "VirtualBox Guest Additions" in an alternate way.
  • Shut down the VM
  • I right clicked on my VM in Virtualbox Manager, clicked on the "Settings" displayed menu, selected "Storage" tab, right clicked on "VBoxGuestAdditions" & clicked on "Remove attachment":
             
  • Clicked the "+" icon next to "Controller: IDE" to add a new optical drive. Choose "Leave Empty --> Okay":
             
             



References:


No comments:

UA-48797665-1